Monday, November 29, 2010

12:8 Vindicated

When and Where Did I Find It: I heard this word while listening to the song “Vindicated” by Dashboard Confessional. The lyrics say, “I am Vindicated, I am selfish, I am wrong, I am right, I swear I’m right, I swear I knew it all along.”

What It Means?: According to www.dictionary.com,  vindicated means “to clear of accusation, blame, suspicion, or doubt with supporting arguments of proof.”

Level of Familiarity: I have never heard this word before.

Do I Want to Know This Word Well and Why? I was interested in looking this word up after I heard the song. I do not have much interest in researching it any further. I hope to never be in a situation where this word would be needed.

Do I Think Others Should Know This Word Well..if so Who and Why?  I am not going to encourage others to familiarize themselves with this word. It has a very low level of transportability, and would rarely ever be used in conversation. Check out Dashboard Confessional’s song though. J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf5qrVdD9E0&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment