Tuesday, November 30, 2010

13:1 Pangolin

When and Where Did I Find It? I heard this word in conversaton the other day. My friend said, "My parents got the pretty crazy shot of a pangolin in Africa," to which my other friend replied, "PENGUINS in AFRICA?! I think not!"

What It Means? According to http://www.dictionary.com/, a pangolin is "any mammal of the oder Pholidota and tropical Asia, having a covering of broad, overlapping, horny scales and feding on ants and termites."


Level of Familiaity: I have never heard of a pangolin before.

Do I Want to Know This Word Well and Why? I am very interested in the different tpes of species o  earth. I figured it would just be fn to esearch what a pangolin was I doubt I will ever have any conversations about pangolins, but it couldn't hurt to know about them.

Do I Want Others to Know This Word Well..if so Who and Why? I don't this word would be particularly useful to resarch. It has a very low level of transportability.

No comments:

Post a Comment