Monday, November 29, 2010

12:9 Puritain

When and Where Did I Find It: I located this word while skimming through Arthur Miller’s “The Crucible”.

What It Means?: According to www.dictionary.com,  Putitains are, “a member of a group of English Protestants who in the 16th and 17th century thought that the Protestant Reformation under Elizabeth was incomplete and advocated the simplification and regulation of forms of worship.”


Level of Familiarity: I have encountered this word many times but have completely forgotten the definition.

Do I Want to Know This Word Well and Why? I will be sure to study this word with index cards and use it in context so I will not forget it. It will be rarely used but it is an important term that my global students will be required to know.

Do I Think Others Should Know This Word Well..if so Who and Why?  I do not encourage others to familiarize themselves with this word. It will serve little to no purpose and will be difficult to use in conversation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment